It’s been a busy nine months, whew! Henry + Marie are now very mobile, working as a team to wreak havoc around the house. I did not include baby proofing items above, but the best money we spent so far is on magnetic cabinet locks (goodbye unsightly latches)! So much happens in 6-9 months…different for everyone of course but for us it’s been major-solids, crawling, standing, sleep pattern changes, teething, babbling, and now (assisted) walking! It’s enough to make your head spin, with twins. These items are their, and our favorites-so many of them are essential to our daily routines I don’t know what I would do without them!
1. The Mamas + Papas Baby Snug‘s were excellent for supporting them when they first began holding their heads up, and we still use them occasionally for book reading or lounging.
2. I feel like we all have a Sophie-or in our case, two, three, or four of them! They really are the best teether, and we have and love other members of the Sophie family as well.
3. Once we started using sippy cups I experimented with a few brands but settled on the Tommee Tippee, especially since they were used to their bottles for milk. They’re pros with them now!
4. We love everything by Plan Toys, but this percussion set is a favorite with both Marie and Henry!
5. All the crinkly books by Jelly Cat are so great for babies, and easy to tote around in your diaper bag and/or car. Perfect for dining out distraction too!
6. We are still using HALO sleepsacks at night, but switched to the non swaddle/wearable blanket kind around 6 months.
7. Henry absolutely loves this xylophone…he is very focused and almost always goes to that toy first, it’s so cute. Future rockstar?
8. The Stokke Tripp Trapp is worth every penny…comfortable, practical (not too many nooks and cranny’s for crumbs to find),blends with your decor, and grows with your child!
9. Do you know about Pinhole Press? The names + faces board book is my new go to recommendation for all kids…the best!
11. The very popular Angel Dear lovies are the kids go to blankies…their nicknames are “bunny” and “monkey” so these are perfect.
Diane Von Furstenburg has again teamed up with GapKids! Launching today in stores, the ridiculously cute collection offers wrap dresses, bold prints and bright colors all inspired by an African safari. Such a happy collaboration, don’t you think?
Henry and Marie are ready for spring, despite mommy’s wish for more winter! It was the first time in their Oh Joy for Winter Water Factory outfits (ironic considering the brand name), gifted to us by the lovely Courtney Apple. It made my day to see that Joy added this photo to her facebook album!
Many thanks to Oh So Beautiful Paper for featuring our letterpress birth announcements, design by the talented ladies of Curious and Co. and printed by Colleen of Cleanwash Letterpress. I’m happy to be able to call them all friends!
I have a confession. I took over 1,000 photos in the past few days! Two babies and two first Christmases will do that to a new mom. As you can see, I really enjoyed choosing their holiday outfits (one wasn’t enough). They were perfect models, being especially patient considering mommy is still learning her way around manual mode. Adjusting ISO, aperture, and shutter speed is not ideal when two babies await, but I managed. I really don’t know how professional photographers do it-you must always be ready or you will miss a magic moment. Marie is a riot and laughed when she fell over-knowing she was fine I snapped away and am so glad I did!
I just shopped the Zara sale for my twins, and had a bit too much fun! Their designs are so chic, yet affordable, and there is always something new to see. Personally, their lookbook for babies is perfect for me, as I like to coordinate but not match Henry + Marie. I feel as if the ensembles were curated just for us! Shop the baby/kids sale here.
After writing this post, Wittlebee contacted me and offered to send a complimentary box! It was such a kind offer, I accepted with glee! I want to be clear-I have never written about or endorsed products in return for freebies, so this was a first and a lovely surprise. Receiving the box felt a little like Christmas morning, and the assortment was chosen specifically for our twins. The brand selection is very nice, quality clothing and the items are very versatile. I highly suggest you check out their services, it is such a time saver, especially for moms with two or more, like me!
The internet is bursting with DIY halloween ideas for kids, but these are some of the most inventive and unique I’ve seen. They are simple but so much fun!
via Oh Happy Day
Have you heard of Wittlebee? It’s a monthly kids clothing club, designed to keep you supplied with all of your child’s clothing needs. You answer a questionnaire based on your child’s style, speak with their mom stylists, and after careful review, they send you a box filled with goodies for your little one (or ones), in my case! They have a nice selection of brands, and I love the idea of skipping the mall. Also, for every box shipped, they donate to a child in need. Convenient and charitable? Sign me up.
image via here