I’ve been busy designing a playroom for Marie + Henry, and wanted to share a bit of the inspiration behind it. We recently renovated our basement to accommodate two mobile toddler twins who need more room for their activities, toys, and imaginations. I used a lot of white to brighten up the space, and wanted the furniture + accents to be cheerful and colorful. Chalkboard (and white board) elements are throughout the space, and we continue to add fun pieces, like the vintage find in this clip. All of the elements are slowly coming together, and I’ll be revealing the finished design soon!
quirky lighting… black + white drum pendant by stray dog designs
storage wall unit…cameron creativity storage system by pottery barn kids
playful flooring… checkerboard FLOR tiles
activity table… woody chalkboard table + chairs by offi
It’s been a busy nine months, whew! Henry + Marie are now very mobile, working as a team to wreak havoc around the house. I did not include baby proofing items above, but the best money we spent so far is on magnetic cabinet locks (goodbye unsightly latches)! So much happens in 6-9 months…different for everyone of course but for us it’s been major-solids, crawling, standing, sleep pattern changes, teething, babbling, and now (assisted) walking! It’s enough to make your head spin, with twins. These items are their, and our favorites-so many of them are essential to our daily routines I don’t know what I would do without them!
1. The Mamas + Papas Baby Snug‘s were excellent for supporting them when they first began holding their heads up, and we still use them occasionally for book reading or lounging.
2. I feel like we all have a Sophie-or in our case, two, three, or four of them! They really are the best teether, and we have and love other members of the Sophie family as well.
3. Once we started using sippy cups I experimented with a few brands but settled on the Tommee Tippee, especially since they were used to their bottles for milk. They’re pros with them now!
4. We love everything by Plan Toys, but this percussion set is a favorite with both Marie and Henry!
5. All the crinkly books by Jelly Cat are so great for babies, and easy to tote around in your diaper bag and/or car. Perfect for dining out distraction too!
6. We are still using HALO sleepsacks at night, but switched to the non swaddle/wearable blanket kind around 6 months.
7. Henry absolutely loves this xylophone…he is very focused and almost always goes to that toy first, it’s so cute. Future rockstar?
8. The Stokke Tripp Trapp is worth every penny…comfortable, practical (not too many nooks and cranny’s for crumbs to find),blends with your decor, and grows with your child!
9. Do you know about Pinhole Press? The names + faces board book is my new go to recommendation for all kids…the best!
11. The very popular Angel Dear lovies are the kids go to blankies…their nicknames are “bunny” and “monkey” so these are perfect.
Diane Von Furstenburg has again teamed up with GapKids! Launching today in stores, the ridiculously cute collection offers wrap dresses, bold prints and bright colors all inspired by an African safari. Such a happy collaboration, don’t you think?
We recently had the pleasure of exploring the beautiful Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia, and discovered this gem of a boutique! Oxford Circus Toys carries all of my favorite handcrafted and european toys…Vilac, Haba, Moulin Roty, Plan Toys…and on and on. It’s a cozy and well curated space jam packed with handmade goodness-I highly recommend a visit! Check out my vine for a quick tour!
The nine month mark arrived on saturday…yes, I said nine. Wha happen?! (That one is for all the christopher guest fans out there.) Our latest shoot at Little Nest resulted in these keepers…I mean wow. These kids really know how to work it for the camera. They’ve grown used to it with mommy’s lens in their face from day one! At nine months, they are both very mobile and things are getting crazier…Marie is walking (with a walker), and Henry just began crawling, gaining speed every day. They make each other laugh often, and the babbles and sounds are becoming more coherent. Last night in fact, Marie crawled into my lap, looked up at me, and said “mama”. MELT. For the record, I now know the earlier one from Henry was a fluke (even though he looked at me and made the sound with purpose, he has not done it since)…so I await the day he says it again. Every day is a pure, joy-filled adventure!
images courtesy of little nest portraits
This is just perfect…especially since Marie + Henry have these…my little bunnies!
image courtesy of blabla
Marie + Henry’s nursery is featured today on Hellobee, which happens to be a favorite site of mine for parenting and little ones inspiration. If you are linking over from there…welcome! I would love to get to know you and your littles…you can also find me HERE.
photography by courtney apple
Henry and Marie are ready for spring, despite mommy’s wish for more winter! It was the first time in their Oh Joy for Winter Water Factory outfits (ironic considering the brand name), gifted to us by the lovely Courtney Apple. It made my day to see that Joy added this photo to her facebook album!
You are my wild is a weekly portrait project, with 14 different photographers sharing how they see their children. It’s making the blog rounds, but I just had to share…love the concept. Check out the site to learn more and be inspired!
Friday, I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to see you. This photo pretty much sums up the craziness, chaos (and cuteness) that was my week. With mr. fleurishing away on business, it was a true challenge. Babies crave routine (as does mommy these days), and especially with twins it is essential to stick to one. Between him being gone and our basement being renovated, this week’s routine went out the window. Which means I am completely spent. Done. Cooked. Exhausted. However…I realized that no matter how tired I am, every moment I am with them is a gift-I’ve never felt this happy.
*wishing you all a relaxing weekend*